Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am using Roku to access Netflix streaming when I am on the…

I am using Roku...

I am using Roku to access Netflix streaming when I am on the screen which shows a menu of 6-8 others, I can open several of them, but not Netflix. I am paying monthly service charges to Netflix for streaming, but I cannot use it. What do I need to do to change this? Netflix says I may need to be billed through Roku, but unless I can open Netflix it won't matter. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

I have a Roku screen with selections down the left hand side and a menu of three abreast choices of servers in the canter and right sides, including Hulu, Prime, and several others

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

TV

3/15/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Nathan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing changed. When I got the Roku home page with my server menu the only thing that happens when I click of the white Netflix window it that a Netflix highlight all by itself appears on the screen and nothing I touch leads me to any other Netflix entry point. All I can do is return to the Roku selection screen
Phone call session started

Thank you for the call, and best of luck with the update process. If you need more help after feel free to get back in touch.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Software update confirmed that all software is up to date. Repeated access to Netflix produced no change. Still unable toget in.

Okay you'll need to reinstall it then,

go back to the home page, highlight netflix but don't press ok,

instead press *, then choose to remove/delete the app.

go into the settings and restart the roku

then go into the roku channel store, search netflix, it will reinstall then you can log into your netflix account and try again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I finally found a way to get in. Thanks for your help.

Great, glad it is working for you!

Nathan, Technician