Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can not remove the sign-up tiki screen on my insignia tv.

Customer Question
I can not remove...

I can not remove the sign-up tiki screen on my insignia tv. Att & direct tv cannot fix this and referred me to you

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Only the tiki sign-up screen on tv. Cannot work any controls. Whether I turn it off or unplug it, when I turn back on that roll sign up screen is still there

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

DVD attached to power outlet and to tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot find the tv remote. I have the roku remote and the direct tv remote.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you please describe exactly what you are seeing? Is it asking you to set up roku for example?

What is the model number of the tv?

the roku sign-up screen is the one that’s frozen. I already have another roku account, but can’t sign in. I forgot the password ***** that account. I was wanting for roku people to help me, but they referred me to you. Ask you a question, can you reset my roku password. Otherwise I see no way you can help me.
Can’t you just reset my password ***** my existing account?
I’m not calling and be charged more money without an absolute promise you can actually fix this and not send be to a general questions website.

I’m have not asked for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

I can guide you through this over the phone if you'd like, but I cannot promise a fix, as there are many variables here and if you don't have some of the necessary information it may not be possible, and I'd expect to be credited for my time regardless. We can talk here, or on the phone if you prefer, just let me know.

Right. A few seconds of your time. Maybe a minute. No help without being charged $30. I guess i’ll Just call direct tv and att back and tell them roku was no help. I thought customer needed to be satisfied. Those companies reps told me roku could fix this, not answer questions so I can fix. Get tapped on this website where once someone is hooked, he feels trapped in a circle of escalating charges

That is not what I said, I'm saying if you want a call, then there is an extra cost for that. That is an ad from the site, it is not sent by me.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support, and I was asking if you wanted to continue here in the chat format.

Neither directv nor att would provide help with this.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.