Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to connect to local network. Samsung TV. Pretty old.

Customer Question
Trying to connect to...

Trying to connect to local network

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Samsung TV

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Pretty old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Cable works and DVDs player works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

This is the first time I have tried to hook up roku since I moved. It was working in my prior residence. Could I have it in the wrong place in the back of the tv?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The menu works and it says the source is HDMI2

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Check the label beside the HDMI port that you have the Roku connected to, e.g. if it is connected to HDMI1 then you will need to change the source to HDMI1.

Once you have selected the correct source and the Roku is turned on, you should be able to see it on the TV.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------