Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Attempting to connect Tv to cable box. It is on, but Tv not…

Customer Question
Attempting to connect Tv...

Attempting to connect Tv to cable box. It is on, but Tv not receiving signal

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Insignia. Brand new

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

How do I get to Tv menu from Riki home screen

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your Insignia? What happened right before this?

This is initial setup

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Electronics Technician: technicalcat, Engineer replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Engineer

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

You currently have a Roku working with your TV, but want to add a cable box?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

I am setting up Tv. I have a cable box connected to it. When I go to the Tuner Box that says cable tv, it says there is no signal. Cable box is on

Do you have your cable box connected with an HDMI cable? Please follow the cable from the box to your TV. What labelled port is the cable plugged into? For example, HDMI1

I only have one cable that connects the box to Tv. It is currently plugged into cable/antenna. Do I need a separate cable to also connect HDMI?
I don't want to do the phone thing

Have you tried tuning to channel 3 or 4 on your TV? If you are using the old RF connection, this is what you'll need to do.