Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I inherited from my father a Toshiba DVR600BK vcr/dvd

I inherited from my...

I inherited from my father a Toshiba DVR600BK vcr/dvd recorder. I have no remote. Can this unit still be operated manually w/o a remote.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your DVR600BK?

2009

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DVR600BK?

I placed a vhs cassette in one bay and a r/w DVD in the dvd bay. The machine tells me the blank dvd needs to be formatted. the screen asks me yes or no. Without a remote how do I tell it to proceed?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I tried to eject the dvd by touching the open tray button but nothing happens? Remember I have no remote. Thanks for your consideration.

3/15/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Fine.

The short answer is no, you cannot properly operate this unit without the remote.

You can get by with a few basic functions, such as to play an existing disc. But to do any programming, to format, or record, you need the remote.

You may order a compatible replacement model here: http://amzn.to/2pbB4ck

Thank you,

I agree a phone call is more efficient but it is not worth the cost to me.

I’m have not asked for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

I sent a written answer above, a few minutes ago.

Nathan, Thanks for your help. I believe the site indicated that if I was not satisfied the fee was
refundable. Your "help" was no help. How do I get a refund?
.

The intent of that guarantee is that you'll get an honest and accurate answer.

I understand that this may not be the answer you were hoping to hear, but that is really not within my control. This is simply a limitation of the design of this player.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately

Asking for a refund would be expecting me to work for free for my time spent to give you an honest answer.

When I buy an item at say Target and it does not work, upon return I get a refund. I expected an answer, not I'm sorry I am no help. Thanks for your 5 bucks nonetheless. Site is misleading, at best. I don't see how you can charge for service not provided. I expected better.
I provided you an answer explaining how the player works and provided you a link to purchase the necessary part. That’s a bit different than a brand new item. You’re expecting a very old device that is missing parts to work correctly which simply is not possible.
I hoped you folks could help. You could not. I expect a refund as the site promised.

Again, I'm sorry for the answer. In my view I provided an appropriate and honest answer. You asked if it could work without a remote and I explained that it could not and provided you the means to get the necessary remote for it to work. I'm sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear.

If you feel a refund is in order you may handle that from the help page.

Good night. It is not worth my time or yours to fuss over 5 bucks. I'm chalking this up to a poor experience. Not blaming you. I feel my expectations based on web site advertising were mislead.

Thank you, ***** ***** apologies for any confusion about the site/processes.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. (note, this is rating me personally and my efforts to assist you, not the site, fees, etc).

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice night,

Nathan, Technician