Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our old tv went out and we just purchased a new 55' 4k tv…

Customer Question
Hi our old tv...

Hi our old tv went out and we just purchased a new 55' 4k tv but my roku premire plus will only play for an hr or so on some channels then the screen goes purple and says that hdcp unaurthorized. we are at our wits end. can u help

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Well I have unplugged everything from my roku and the tv then plugged back up and it will show good for awhile then go purple screen again

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Its connected just like the instructions say to. one end to the hdmi and other end into same hdmi on the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No just help please

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 5 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

THANK YOU
my new tv is a 55' vizio class4k 2160p led tv if that helps

Thanks for the additional info

- Any idea how old is the Roku device?

I just purchased it in 2016

OK, please try a different HDMI cable to connect the Roku device to the TV and reply back with the result

Thanks

ok

Thanks

Please reply back with the result