Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm getting error number RLP-1025 on one of my rokus. VIZIO…

I'm getting error number...

I'm getting error number RLP-1025 on one of my rokus

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

VIZIO 3months old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

Nothing I added a roku to another TV yesterday and had spectrum install a new motom and a nighthawk AC1900 Smart WIFI router, Everything worked last evening this morning I got the error message. the roku I hooked up yesrerday is fine.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have? How old is it?

3 months roku streaming stick

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes but all channels are unavailable. no problems with other sources or inputs. when

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Roku? What happened right before this?

This morning.I just turned it off last evening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The message is; service unavailable were sorry WNYODT is currently unavailable please try later. then I push OK and get the channel menu with all channels unavailable when it first comes on the message is do you want to contihue watching TV

3/13/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

I turned it on again now it’s working. Did you do anything?

Thanks for the update,

yes the system was reset, which restores the service.

Glad it is working for you now.

Thank you,

The expert was good. However I don’t appreciate paying 5.00 for just reseting the roku. If I have to pay every time l have a problem better not have to many problems.

Sorry I have no control over any of the costs, we're all independent techs here working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. You agreed to and paid the fees to the site when posting your question.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician