Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to connect a amazon fire stick to Vizio

I am trying to...

I am trying to connect a amazon fire stick to Vizio E321VL..get message not compatible

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Fire?

Brand new, just came in today

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Fire?

Nothing, only reason I bought was to connect to my tv for prime movies

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of yet LOL

3/13/2018
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Where are you seeing that message? Is there a recorder connected in your system?

ok..thanks

Did you get my last message?

I would rather not give phone number, thanks

You don't need to accept the phone number, those are automatic, and you can ignore them. Please answer my initial question so I can help you.

I just want to know if this tv will work with my fire stick, it has hdmi port..just goes to checking device then not compatible..I did not get a question from you, just message you were working on my issue

Is there a recorder connected in your system? What is the model number of your TV?

Model E321VL..i am connect to direct tv on HDMI 1 with box that will record

Ok, disconnect the recorder, and tell me if you get the same message.

completely disconnect or will power off work?
well dang, got firestick menu..so I will always need to disconnect sat first to use?

Just unplug the HDMI cable from the recorder, and tell me if the message is still there.

I just unplugged from tv..I cant really get to back of box to disconnect from it I am connected to wifi now..

Just from the TV is fine, do you still see the message when you try to access your Fire stick?

it is working, got logged in and it is downloading the software now
as soon as i disconnected it allowed fire stick to work, that was a need to know

Ok perfect! We've located the problem! Your HDCP is getting in the way. Replace both HDMI cables with High Speed HDMI cables, and the HDCP should go away.

Please rate 3-5 stars for my service today.

can you buy those cables anywhere? fire stick plugs directly into HDMI port so will just need to replace the one on the dtv box right?
I would give you 5 stars...I was ready to buy a new tv LOL

The fire stick should be fine, just replace the one for your recorder, and you should be good to go. You can get these cables at any electronics store.

Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
awesome..thank you!