Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new turntable the Model: AT-LP3BK and the tonearm…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new turntable the Model: AT-LP3BK and the tonearm just skates across the record

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your AT-LP3BK?

Just purchased

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I've tried setting the counterweight to 2 and balance the tone arm but it still skates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I haven't gotten any sound out of it yet so I guess I'm pretty lost..

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/14/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your turntable question.

I can get it to play.

Can the tonearm / needle go below the rim of the record, when you lower the tonearm (carefully! so as not to drop the needle onto the case of the record player and damage the needle / cartridge perhaps...) ? if not, then the 'skating' may be owing to your having the 'minimum height' (when lowered) of the tone-arm set too high. Set it a bit lower, with adjustment screws at the base (according to your turntable manual) and all should be well thereafter. Let me know how it goes, please.

Can’t

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)