Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Roku remote does not work properly. When I press any

Customer Question
My Roku remote does...

My Roku remote does not work properly. When I press any button on the remote the TV instantly switches from the Roku input to the cable TV input.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

There doesn't seem to me anything I CAN do. Using the remote turns ROKU off.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick?

a box. small, square with green light on side.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect Roku power cord from the power outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

That fixed it. Thanks.

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Thank you