Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My remote for xfinity is not working and they do not have…

My remote for xfinity...

My remote for xfinity is not working and they do not have the code for me to reset. Is there a code

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

Havent

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

Yes.

3/13/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Are you trying to get your comcast remote to operate your tv?

First time programming? Or did it work before and just stopped?

Can you tell me the model number of the tv, and how many digits your comcast remote needs?

worked before and just stopped
looking for model number now
32s301
don't know how many digits required for Comcast

Okay it most likely just needs to be reprogrammed.

It is quite possible too though that the remote is defective, they tend to have high failure rates. So I can give you the proper code to use to try to reprogram it for your tv. It may not work, and if not then comcast needs to provide you with a new remote so you can start over.

For that tv, try 11756, most all comcast remotes need 5 digits.

still working on it
ok put it in and it is still not working

That is the proper code for this tv,

so if it isn't working, then it is the remote (assuming it did work previously). So the next step then is to call comcast or visit one of their local storefronts, and get a new remote from them.

OK. Thank you. ***** tonite

Well you should still be able to control the tv with its own (roku) remote, at least for turning it on and setting the input,

and you can still change channels on the comcast box I assume.

I can watch Netflix with Roku. but I like my local channels at night. There is no box to change channels. only remote

You must have a comcast box there still, or you wouldn't have a comcast remote in the first place. though it may not have any buttons on it directly.

I do have a box. It does not have any buttons

Okay what I was saying though is that the comcast remote may still be able to operate the box functions, even though it isn't working for the tv anymore. If not, of course you'll have to wait for it to be replaced, but it wouldn't hurt to try. If you happen to have another comcast remote from another box in a different room there, that should work on this box too, temporarily until you can get a new one.

Nathan, Technician
everyone else uses theirs. I will wait til tomorrow. I am watching Netflix for now. Thanks Nathan

You're very welcome!