Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a HP EliteBook #6930P and a Sony MD walkman mini disc…

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP EliteBook #6930P and a Sony MD walkman mini disc 3mZ-ne410 and am trying to get advice on how to put the music from the walkman into the laptop which has WINDOWS #7. i HAD CALLED PHONE NUMBER(###) ###-####TWICE WITHIN THE LAST HALF HOUR AND BOTH TIMES WAS PUT ON HOLD. My phone number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your smartphone?

V-Tech

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

I am unaware of any problem with my phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Could you have someone dial my number.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you try following these steps:

1. using a USB cable, connect the Sony Mini-Disc Walkman to the computer's USB port.

2. wait a few minutes, the computer ought to configure itself to recognize the Sony Mini-Disc, hopefully.

3. then go to START - Computer, and look for the Sony Mini-Disc Walkman there, probably in the form of a disk drive, e.g. F:, G:, H:, I:, etc.

4. double-click on it. You will be able to view the music on any inserted disc in the player, at this point, as if it were a disk drive with files on it - you will see music files, hopefully.

5. select a music file, copy it by holding Ctrl and pressing C, and then go to your computer and select a place, e.g. a folder, to put it into, and hold Ctrl on the keyboard, then press V, to 'Paste' in a copy of the music file.

(If your mini-CDs are literally music CDs, this may not work perfectly for various reasons. Let me know, in Reply, how it goes, and if there's a problem, what step above it happens at, and I will advise and instruct you further.)

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)