Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

During viewing programs/shows, the viewing is interrupted…

During viewing programs/shows, the...

During viewing programs/shows, the viewing is interrupted and "HDPC UNAUTHORIZED" appears on the TV screen...every five minutes.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung Plasma. Approx. eight years old....never had this problem before.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. I watch a different (newer Samsung TV) a couple times a day in another part pf the house without any problem.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Its been doing this for a few days...just enjoying old TV series' (like always) and this happens now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all.

3/12/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is it you're viewing on the set when the HDCP message comes up (for example: Cable Box, Roku, Apple TV, DISH network, etc. etc.)?

Send a reply back if you need help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Direct TV/Roku (Netflix)

DirecTv and Roku are two different things. Let me know which one you're trying to view right now where you're getting that message.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Roku

Okay. The HDCP message means the Roku stopped communicating video to the TV. Shut the TV off and then unplug the Roku from the HDMI port on the TV. Wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. Turn the TV back on and let me know if that message is still there. If so, let me know which model Roku you have and how long you've owned it for.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have been viewing to see if it happens again...it has been happening (before) after 5-10 minutes.
Looks good now. Keep our fingers crossed. THANK YOU!

Excellent and you're very welcome! That should do the trick and if it occurs again try re-seating the Roku in the HDMI port again.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician