Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 4630x ROKU, premier + I think ... interfaced with…

Customer Question
I have a 4630x...

I have a 4630x ROKU, premier + I think ... interfaced with an AV receiver, in order to work have to do reboot by pulling power cabl out, then it works ... otherwise I get "no signal"

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Premier?

It will open, just have to reboot ROKU, then it works. Another ROKY does not have this issue ... it use to work fine

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Software Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Does this problem occur if connect Roku box directly to the TV?

It works OK connected directly to TV, and works with Onyko TR-NR656 receiver IF I perform a power reboot ... the whole point is to be able to switch between Frontier/Verizon FIOS box input and the ROKY streaming ... it use to work fine ...
no on extra $'s .... thought this was a trial membership

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV, Onkyo power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

ok will let you know

Thanks

dropping power on Rx & TV did not work ... same issue, must unplug ROKU each time before it will work

OK, let me repost this question for other techs to look into it to assist you further

Thanks

Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 4 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi another expert here online to try to help with your roku.
I would like to start by understanding few things around your systems.
You have a tv, roku box and audio receiver.
Can you tell me how these are connected together. What types of cables and where they are going and things like that. For me to be able to help, I have to be able to imagine what you are seeing. It could be better to talk over the phone if that would make our lives easier.