Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We cannot get connected to Brit Box, Netflix, or Acorn

Customer Question

We cannot get connected to Brit Box, Netflix, or Acorn through our television. I have checked the connection and the Connection results say the connection check was successful. Please help. The roku box is connected but not on. I=
JA: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?
Customer: I am connected through my lap top.
JA: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?
Customer: I have disconnected the Comcast box and the Wifi stick (is this the router) and reconnected them and still no programs.
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it ok for the Roku box to be not functioning since we have the stick?
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It has been 16 minutes since I sent my message. When may I anticipate a response??
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your TV. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please