Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Muy roku is unresponsive, I have a streaming stick, It was…

Muy roku is unresponsive ...

Muy roku is unresponsive

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

I have a streaming stick

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

It was working fine until I changed batteries

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What appears on the TV screen when select Roku input?

It never leave regular tv

OK, please disconnect Roku stick power, unplug it from TV for a minute, replug it back in TV and reconnect its power cord to get it reboot

Now select correct video input source, do you get Roku logo/ screen now?

When I change the source and click. Netflix or home nothing happens

Did you get my previous reply to try something?

OK, please reply back with the result

I can't get to the roku because my tv is on the wall mount and I cannot reach it
My hands is too big to reach behind the tv

OK, disconnect Roku and TV power for 5 minutes, reconnect power to both things and reply back with the result

Okay I am doing it now

OK, take your time

I am going to reconnect power now

Sure

It takes about five minutes to come up
Still nothing

OK, do you get Roku logo screen on the TV?

No

Does the power light on Roku stick lit up solid or flashing?

No neither is happening

OK, is there any external power adapter connected to Roku stick or that cord plugged into USB port of the TV so the stick can get power?

It’s flashing now

OK, do you get Roku logo on TV screen now?

It’s not flashing anymore
Okay it’s flashing again

Does the TV show Roku Logo screen?

If not, I'm afraid this Roku stick has got an internal failure and it would be a coincidence as the problem occurred while you were replacing batteries on Roku remote

We have tried all user-level fixes that didn't work, you would need a new Roku stick at this point to resolve the problem

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician