Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cannot watch anything because it is not retrieving data. I…

Customer Question
I cannot watch anything...

I cannot watch anything because it is not retrieving data. I did a wireless check and it shows ok

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

It is a ROKU stick maybe 3 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I am trying to watch WWE PAY PER VIEW amd it wont connect

Technician's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I tried the CW channel and it gives me a response of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No data returned

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Have you tried to run any other app such as YouTube etc and does it work?

No. Let me try

OK, take your time

you tube is working

That means Roku stick is connected to the internet and working, have you tried to reboot the stick?

I restarted it in the settings

OK, lets try something more, disconnect Roku stick power and unplug it from TV for a minute, replug it back in TV and reconnect its power

Now run the desired app, does it work?

NO luck. Same as before

This is odd, are you able to sign out from that particular app, close it, run it again and sign in?

It is a channel on my main roster on my home page. I click on it and the logo for WWE comes up. It thinks for a few moments and comes back to the home page.

OK, please log in to your Roku account using a PC etc and check if WWE channel is still added to your account?

Sorry, getting to an account i haven't used since inception and redoing password. I am in the account but it has no way of telling me what is on my account. Just what is available.

OK, try the following link to view subscription details

https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

I tried 4 times. It searches and comes back that it can't find the page

I have no idea what is wrong with it, that link is working on my computer

It came up. No records to display

OK, it seems you have somehow unsubscribed it, please click the following Roku channel store link to add WWE channel to your account that should work on your Roku device

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/37966/wwe-network

It says it is installed! I can't do anything with it.

OK, last thing we can try at this point is to reset the Roku stick to default settings that might work

Please find a reset hole on the side of Roku stick, pus the reset button underneath that hole with a pointed object for 3 seconds to restore the device to default settings, go through setup that will show up and check the WWE channel app

Thanks

I reset it. Jumped through all its hoops redownloaded all apps and tried several of them. They are telling me that the stick is not retrieving data more or less.
What do I do?

Sorry to hear that, it seems this stick has got an internal failure which is causing to process the data for several channel apps, we have tried all possible fixes and none worked, at this point, a new Roku stick is needed to resolve the problem

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

even though i subscribe to roku, will they five me a new one? Or i have to buy another one and set up again

You would need to buy a new Roku Stick to set it up