Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 2000c only has 720p display choice but has been 1080p(tv)

My 2000c only has...

My 2000c only has 720p display choice but has been 1080p(tv) before. Player asks if i want to auto detect which i do and it sees 1080p but wont switc.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

I have been using roku for years with current ty(Panasonic plasma) w/o display problem

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

3/11/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TC-P50UT50
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE , I`m an independent tech. and have NO CONTROL over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

What do you have beside the roku connected to this tv ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THIS SEEMS TO BE ROKUFIOS DVR, SOUND BAR. DVD PLAYER

OK and they all play at 720p ?

How did you get the 720p info by the way , it displays on the tv screen ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO ALL ARE 1080p BUT ROKU JUST SWITCHED TO 720p AND THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE ANY WAY TO GET BACK TO 1080p.

This is not the tv doing this , it is your roku box or is it a stick ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ROKU. ALL OTHERS OPERATING FINE.

I`m sorry but something just came up and I will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .

Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is Rusty. The Roku menus are all on 720p by default, there is no way to change that. Play content that is in 1080p, and see if you get the better resolution.

The only thing that can really go bad is the HDMI cable. Replace the HDMI cable with a different high speed cable, so that it will support 1080p. The resolution is dependent on the resolution of the program you are trying to view. Not all of them are in 1080p. Since your other components are working in 1080p with your TV, there is not a problem with your TV.

Let me know what happens. When we are finished, please rate 3-5 stars. If you have any questions, please reply.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rusty:
We had watched 28 episodes of a show and this started on episode 29 so it seems something is wrong.

Go back to episode 28, does it show in 1080p?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all roku shows are 720p now

Ok, I want you to switch out your HDMI cable. Sometimes they can get a spec of dust on them, causing them not to communicate between devices. If that doesn't help, reset your Roku box by unplugging, and holding the reset button with a sharp object for a full 30 seconds, then see if your programs come in at 1080p.

Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried new cable and reset but nothing worked. The streaming display is stuck in a "zoomed in" aspect even though regular tv is 1080p HD. I guess time to upgrade the Roku.
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer