Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have good batteries in my Roku remote but the light won’t…

Customer Question
I have good batteries...

I have good batteries in my Roku remote but the green light won’t come on

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

How do I know.

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I turned batteries upside down. After that I put them back in right side up, removed them, unplugged player and plugged it back in. Then I put batteries back in and pressed the pairing button. The light stays dark.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

No let’s text

Please remove the power cord from the ROKU

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Since the airing light doesn’t come on I’m afraid when I reversed the batteries I fried it

Wait 2 minutes

Plug in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the issue?

Ok I have unplugged my Roku and I’m waiting

OK thank you

Ok Roku is plugged in and the pairing light will not come on
Are you still there?

Please try one more set of batteries

Fresh batteries, no luck. When I first picked up the remote the pairing light was a dim green, but my Roku did not respond. Now the pairing light stays dark.
Every once in a while the pairing light flashes very dim, but a light gray flash.

Please double check that the batteries are facing the correct way

They are in correctly. The light stopped coming on before I removed the batteries.

Unfortunately, you will need to replace the remote then.

I’ll do that

Let me know if it helps