Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can see" city" but I can't get it to go to Netci.

I can see "...

I can see " city" but I can't get it to go to Netci

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Sorry....didn't finish my post. It will not go to Netflix or z y

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

Anything else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

It has been working fine. I just want it back.

3/11/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Sorry, what device are you having problems with- is this a Roku, or Firestick or something? Let me know.

Simply send a reply back to proceed.

Roku

Okay, this means the remote has lost pairing with the Roku. Which model Roku is this and how old is it?

Where do I find that info?
Are you there?

Well you would likely be able to tell me how old it is???

As far as the model, is it a stick, or a box, and does it say anything on the box if it's a box?

How old is the Roku?

No phone call for $26.00.

I'm not sending the phone call offer and am not available by phone.

Again-

How old is the Roku?

Are you there?

4200X
No date on the box.

I don't need a date I'm just wondering ROUGHLY how long you have owned it for? This allows me to know if possibly the remote batteries need to be replaced. Do you understand?

It's about 7 years old.

Thank you, ***** ***** you ever replaced the remote batteries?

But I will try again.

Okay, yes please try that and let me know what happens. I have more steps for you to try if that does not work.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

New batteries, not working.
Can you see if my account is up to date?

No I cannot look that up and can tell you with certainty that this has NOTHING to do with your account being up to date or not. Locate the tiny pinhole reset button on the back of the Roku box below the power cord inlet. Use a paperclip or another sharp device and press and hold it for 8 seconds and release. The Roku will restart and reset all settings to defaults. You will then need to setup the Roku as if it was new.

If the Roku is still locked up after performing the factory reset above, then the device has failed and would need to be replaced. This is not uncommon with a Roku over 5 years old and a new one can be purchased for less than $40.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Hold on

Holding

I think that did it!

Okay, great! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Well now it says repair remote

Alright sounds like you need a new remote then, You can order these from Roku.

Ok..I repaired the remote

Oh "re-pair" not "repair". Thanks for clearing that up!

Do you need further assistance with this?

Thanks!

You've got it!

Aric, Technician