Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My roku will not connect to the internet. Jts saying that…

My roku will not...

My roku will not connect to the internet

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

Jts saying that when i tyoe in mypassword ***** set up roku that my password ***** *****

3/11/2018
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

H​I welcome to just answer

Has the Roku ever worked with your wifi router before?

How far is your Roku from the router?

No the roku is brand new.

o​k, what happens when you select your wifi router?

Dont know what you mean when you say select wifi router.

D​id you start the set-up process

Im going just like say and i type in my password ***** then it says unable to connect.

o​k then there is a problem with the wifi.

how many wifi devices do you have?

But i know my wifi is working because my laptop is connected. Should i log my laptops off?

No do not log off, lets check the wifi connection speed first.

3 laptops and 1 cell phone .
Tell me how?

run this and let me know the download and upload speed

Ok

th​is should be run on your laptop and not cellphone

wh​at is the model of your Roku?

Download speed is20.55
Upload speed is 12.15

ok what is the model of your Roku?

Who is your internet service provider?

Comcast
Let me ask you this ? When they say password ***** one are they asking for?

It is your wifi password ***** not your email password. That is the same password ***** use to connect your laptop or mobile device

Ok so that im doing right.

o​k the problem is with your connection speed. The two connection speeds are very different. Newer Roku models will check the speed and if it does not meet their requirements, it will not connect.

To correct the problem, you will call Comcast and tell them that you wifi speed is very different and they need to correct it to be as close to each other as possible doing so, it will get your Roku to connect.

Ok thanks very much comcast got me going
You are welcome. Please let me know how things went. If you are satisfied with my support, please rate 5 stars.
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer