Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Vizio 3 d blue ray player that is about 7 years

Customer Question

Hi I have a Vizio 3 d blue ray player that is about 7 years old. In the last couple of months it won’t recognize any disc, but all other features work, then after a couple of week disc starts working again. I tried to unplug and re start but no luck,then after a couple of weeks starts working out of the blue for a couple of weeks, then suddenly no disc comes up
JA: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?
Customer: No
JA: Have you tried resetting your speaker?
Customer: What do you mean resetting speaker?
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The movie doesn’t play, it says no disc and was playing earlier. Netflix still working thru dvd player
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

- What is the model number of Vizio Bluray player?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Vbr135
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the info, is it playing disc now or shows the no-disc message?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Shows no disc, but Netflix is working from it
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, have you tried to reboot the Bluray player, unplug its power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in and play a disc?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Last time I did that as well and tried over 2-3 times but the next week started playing once I turned it on
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, does this problem occur on BD or DVD or CD disc?
In other words, have you tried to play DVD and an audio CD and does it play?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Never knew I could put a cd in it, only have ever put in dvd’s Do you want me to try a cd?
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Yes please, try it that will help

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it’s a DVD player, when o put in a cd nothing happens
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also I forgot to mention for the past 2 years sometimes it doesn’t respond and I have to plug and unplug it to get it to turn on
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

OK, have you tried to update the firmware/ internal software for this player?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How do I do that???
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Please click on the following Vizio link then click on Support tab on that page, there you will get Firmware Update | Verison 2.7 and Blu-Ray Player Software Install Instructions files, download them and follow the instructions to proceed

https://www.vizio.com/vbr135.html

Please reply back with the result

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It was helpful however was sent a firmware upgrade that a) required a computer to open and b) the required a 2 gb or less usb memory card. Try finding that in a store!!! They aren’t made anymore and on line must buy in bulk. Vizio needs to upgrade their firmware upgrades! Spent $33.00 to find out needed firmware upgrade only to run into multiple stumbling blocks!
Expert:  Harry replied 8 months ago.

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.