Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Remote not pairing. Roku, 2017 stick. Check batteries,

Customer Question
Remote not pairing Technician's...

Remote not pairing

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Roku, 2017 stick

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Check batteries, manual pairing procedure

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/10/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What manual procedure you have tried to pair the remote?

prescribed by roku. unplug stick and reconnect, press and hold pairing button on remote

OK, did you disconnect power of Roku stick for a minute, reconnect to get it reboot?

OK, please put fresh batteries in Roku remote, press and hold pairing button on remote for 5 seconds, release the button and wait 5 seconds, now try the remote

Does it work?

I have done that and no success

Sorry to hear that, it seems the remote control has got an internal failure and a new remote is needed to resolve the problem. Please click the following Roku link to order the remote control

https://www.roku.com/accessories/remotes

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks