Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My device stopped working. The tv shows “no signal” A blue…

Customer Question
My device stopped working...

My device stopped working. The tv shows “no signal”

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

A blue screen now. Before it was the roku screen. No light on the device either

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Both if I am understanding what you are asking.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I would like to watch tv. Lol

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 month ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Is it a Roku Box or a Roku Stick not working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It the box that is needed to be secured to the TV

OK, have you tried to disconnect Roku power from the wall outlet for a minute, reconnect back in and reply back with the result?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I will do that now.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The roku light came on but still screen. I am trying channel now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still nothing

Is the Roku remote working with Roku box and are you able to select anything on Roku home screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No roku screen just blue

Just to clarify, there is no Roku Home Screen appear on TV and you get just a solid blue screen, is this correct?

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- Are you sure the TV has set on correct video input source so it can get Roku video signals?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven’t changed anything when this happened. The model number is
VX200E

OK< what HDMI input of this TV connected to Roku box?
Is it HDMI-1 or HDI-2

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even my iPad is saying it cannot connect to my device

What device you're referring here? a wifi modem?

If there is a problem with wifi internet, TV still shows Roku home screen graphics

Lets try one more thing, please reboot TV and Roku device one more time

If the problem still persists then find Reset button/ hole on the back of Roku box, push the reset button with a pointed object to restore the Roku box to default settings, do you get Roku logo screen now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My WiFi modem is in another room and is working.
I have unplugged both attachments and I have reset the roku box.
Still nothing.

Sorry to hear that, last option to reset the Roku box as requested in the previous reply

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help and time but I think it’s not going to work.
Have a good afternoon.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did all that you asked and still nothing. I was always referring to the roku device
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have any others with this TV

OK, now it is confirmed that Roku box has got an internal failure, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the device to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If Roku box is out of warranty then a new device is next option to resolve the problem

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician