Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We had a power outage. The electricity is back on. I can see…

We had a power...

We had a power outage. The electricity is back on. I can see the roku home screen but the remote is not working with the screen. I have unplugged and replugged the roku. What else can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

It has the list of home my feed movie storeetc in the left side and Netflix blockbuster options on the right

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

The roku is connected to the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

The roku has the white light on

3/9/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

How old is the Roku and which model is it please? This gives me some more insight on what can be tried.

Roku3

Rough age? Old enough to replace the remote batteries? Let me know.

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Once more- I am NOT AVAILABLE BY PHONE.

Probably 4-5 years

Thank you, ***** ***** the batteries in the Roku remote and let me know what happens.

Ok

If that doesn't restore functionality let me know and we can try a full reset of the Roku (reset to defaults).

It worked strange. Thanks for your help. Those other messages regarding credit cards for a service rep to call are very confusing.

You're welcome and I'm glad to hear that! As far as those offers- I'm just a user of the site so am not privy in any way to what you see on your end.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Send me the rating tool. I would be glad too

There should be stars at the very top of the page if you scroll all of the way up? Let me know if you cannot see them.

Aric, Technician