Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Roku feels warm. Desk top gives signal that HDMI is nor

Customer Question
Roku feels warm....

Roku feels warm. Desk top gives signal that HDMI is nor connected

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

4200R

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Disconnect then reconnect

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me where on the back of the tv the roku is connected (hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3, etc)?

Hdmi1

okay take your TV remote, and press the source/input button to make sure the tv is set to hdmi1.

If still no signal, then as a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.