Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fostex personal multitrack a series won't play, fast

Customer Question
My fostex personal multitrack...

My fostex personal multitrack a series won't play, fast forward or reverse. It clicks in but won't turn

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Fostex personal multitrack a series 8track

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I spooled the tape correctly, hit fast forward, the spindle snaps into place, the tape moves maybe 1/2" then stops. Like I say it won't play, or ff or move after that. the capstand does look a little rusty but I can turn it by hand...lube maybe??

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.