Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Rokuy 3 which consistently overheats and shuts

Customer Question
I have a Rokuy...

I have a Rokuy 3 which consistently overheats and shuts down. I even place frozen ice packs under it, and it still happens. Checked with forum and found out I'm not alone. What's up with this?

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Roku3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

As above. Plug it in, unplug it and let it rest (it does come back on for awhile). It then overheats and shuts down again. As I said, I've even placed little frozen cold packs under it with little difference.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I wuld just likje it taken care of, didn't buy a 3 to have it shut down all the itme.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Unfortunately, you will need to contact ROKU for a repair or replacement.