Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have set up the Roku but I am unable to set up the tv.

Customer Question
I have set up...

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Just the regular channels

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

It is connected to both. I am not even sure I did that right. I am a senior!!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Please help me

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me where on the back of the tv you have connected the roku?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
To the HDMI
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not really

I need to know which specific port on the tv, please.

They are labeled, such as hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3, etc.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HDMI in

Which one?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is saying on the tv that I need a password. I don't have a password.

Please provide the specific details I've requested for me to be able to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is connected to HDMI.

Your tv almost certainly has more than one hdmi port.

Which specific one? Hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hdmi2

Okay, now take your TV remote, and press the input/source button, to select hdmi2

this brings up the roku home screen

you'll be prompted through the initial setup,

where you'll have to select your home wifi network name and put in your wifi password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I give up now I says I have no signal. The problem was the password. I don't know my password.

The tv has to be set for the proper input to match where the roku is connected.

Your password ***** ***** own personal information, for your own home wifi network. No one else has or can provide you that information.

You should be the only person to know your own wifi password.

If your internet provider owns the router/equipment, then you can contact them for help with your password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I get a signal on hdmi1. They are the ones who said you could help me Thank you Good by

Then your roku must be plugged into hdmi1.

Do you own your own router, or is it provided by your internet service?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Louie, Technician