Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just got a Sony Blu-Ray Disc/DVd player and during

I just got a...

I just got a Sony Blu-Ray Disc/DVd player and during initialization put in my router number incorrectly and can't figure out how to correct it

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes. My problem is that there is a box labeled setup in the upper rh corner but can't get to it with the remote. When I realized I made a mistake on entering the the router data it would not allow me to back up. How can I get back to initialization to connect to Internet ?

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

Do you mean just powering the player off and back on ? I did that and it came back to where it. Was

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I've tols you everything I've done

3/7/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on Sony Bluray player?

BDP-S3700

Thanks, ***** ***** get Home screen if pushing Home button on Sony Bluray remote?

You take my money and then tell me that the tech can't call me now'

I just put your call request on hold for a while to get bit more info

- Do you get Home screen if pushing Home button on Sony Bluray remote?

I do get the home screen
The home screen just shows featured apps my apps and in upper rh corner two small windows called all apps and setup which I cannot reach using the remote

OK, press STOP, HOME and POPUP MENU buttons on the remote at the same time

Does it help to get the player to default settings?

No

OK, what happens if push Return or Options button on the remote?

Does it close the apps page?

I did that before contacting you
It did not do what I wanted

OK, I'm out of ideas so will opt out now to repost this question for other techs to look into it

Thanks

Will you call me back or should I stay connected?
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer

Hi another expert here.

You are trying to connect and update your wifi router password?

If you have no solution in the next ten minutes I am terminating this connection. Since you are unable to solve my problem there should be no charge for this session
any other suggestions as to how l can get back to the initial
Page ? If I can't this is the poorest design I've seen and I seen some bad ones in my years of designing software. I reiterate if you can't get back to me by 7:50 EST I am terminating this communication I have to be someplace at 8:30 and cannot spend any more time on this.

I am sorry for the delays, I am another expert and I just got to look at your system question.

When would you be available to continue to work on this?

electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Phone call session started
I am returning the unit to Amazon I just got back from a meeting and am too tired too trouble shoot this now If you r the experts u claim to be you should have figured it out by now good night
I am sorry about the delay, are going to be available tomorrow to try some troubleshooting over the phone?
I am returning the unit Since you didn’t solve my problem and we never spoke on the phone the most I should owe you is the initial five dollar connect charge If that
I am sorry for the delays can we give it a try at least. It is clear that you are not satisfied and I understand. I wish you can give us a chance to fix this. I am a second expert who took over after the other one
After we disconnected i found a problem with the player That was the final deciding factor
Ok