Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I reset my Roku password on my Roku TV. Sharp Roku…

How do I reset...

How do I reset my Roku password ***** my Roku TV

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Sharp Roku 43""L C-43LB481

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Where trying to get spectrum app on Roku because spectrum want you to rent cable boxes for $13 a month

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Ok

3/7/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Is it your roku account password ***** need help with, or your wifi, or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Start me at the point of turning the TV on

There is a power button on the tv at the back left corner,

or the red button at the top of the tv remote. That turns the tv on.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK waiting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still waiting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I get a refund and end this since I haven't received anything
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I get a response
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone on the other end, I haven't got a response

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I sent you a response, above, 15 minutes ago about how to power it on.

I've received no further reply with the specific details I requested and cannot help without those.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will turn it on. But first is my phone charge to talk to someone cancelled since we're doing it thru text

I didn't get a chance to accept the call request as it was not even displayed due to all the other messages.

I can call you if you'd like, but that is an extra charge on top of the chat fees you already paid.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TV is turned on

Do you you want me to call you still?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm ready to procede in text, TV is turned on looking at home page on tv

Okay, but I need to know exactly what you're trying to do here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Get to the Roku part of it and get the spectrum app so I can watch tv

Press the Home (house) button on the remote,

that brings up the roku apps

choose the option there (using the arrow buttons to move around) for the roku channel store or the search bar (magnifying glass) to search for spectrum, then you can download and install the app from there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can't find Roku store?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it the the Roku channel picture

Yes, that is it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Click on it, all it shows are movies

There should be a search option there,

you can also just click here and add it to your roku account, from your computer: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/23048/spectrum-tv

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When you click on it all it shows are movies and how did my computer get involved it's two separate things

Your roku account is administered through the website link I sent.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We installed spectrum on Roku App on my phone what next

Did you do that through the link that I sent above?

Okay, as long as you did so under the same roku account that the tv is registered to, then the spectrum app should download to the tv, and show up on the roku home screen soon.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It's not there yet but says adding channel?

It is downloading, so you just have to give it some time to load and install

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still downloading. Have another question the black box in basement ..where cable comes in, daily we need to go down and pull the phone cord and TV cord for 30 seconds and the it reboots the internet . We had the box for 6 years from spectrum would that be outdated?

That is really a separate topic that would need to be posted under a new question here.

But that sounds like a spectrum issue, I would contact them to replace it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No spectrum app still downloading

That could be related to your internet connection issue too actually,

but it can be a slow process, just give it time. It is on the right track, the download can sometimes take hours or overnight even.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never been happy since spectrum replace time Warner
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK thanks

I agree, I've seen nothing but bad experiences with them too unfortunately. Best of luck with the download, and with getting your modem/box replaced!

Nathan, Technician
Nathan, Technician