Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an model 350x - Roku 2 XD and I'm trying ti get

Customer Question
I have an model...

I have an model 350x - Roku 2 XD and I'm trying ti get Youtube TV channel. The channel does not show up in channel search (Youtube only). Can you help

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

Yes, roku connected at 2g

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your 350X and your router?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

It is easiest to add this from your computer,

click here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/195316/youtube-tv

sign in to your account if prompted, then when you click on Add Channel, it will download to your roku and you can begin using it from the roku home screen.

Thank you,

Ive already done that and it's still not showing up!

Are you sure that you were signed into your roku account (on the website) first?

Actually I'm sorry, I didn't see all of your question before it looks like part of it was cut off,

I'm seeing the model number before, and the roku2 device itself is the issue here.

That model roku is no longer supported (as of a few months ago), so most of the newer apps are not supported as they rely on a new firmware version which your roku hardware cannot handle. At this point you can keep using the roku for the apps it does have, but you won't be able to install new ones.

You'd need to purchase a new streaming device at this point, whether that is a a roku or fire tv or appletv

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.