Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Well I just got the Roku streaming stick + and it won't

Customer Question
Well I just got...

Well I just got the Roku streaming stick + and it won't accept the password ***** my router

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

And yes the letters are correct

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

No, do both at the same time or does it matter

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Well do you want me to restart everything first

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cancel that missed a letter in the password. going through setup
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Do you still need help with the setup?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had responded back saying I figured out the problem BUT I have another one. When I try to watch Gran Tour on Prime or anything it will not open and comes up with a screen saying the bandwidth is to low. I am on a Verizon wireless network, I have a download speed of 20.66 right now. I used my range extender to hook up to instead of directly to the wireless router. Could that be the problem if so you'll have to tell me how to change it. Or will it just not work on a wireless system. Seems very slow and doesn't fill in all the boxes with all that is available when I open Prime.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anybody going to respond?

Hello again!

Yes, the extender will split your bandwidth so it may not be sufficient for HD viewing.

You could try temporarily setting up the Roku closer to your router to get maximum bandwidth availability and you should notice that it works ok there.

For best wireless results you could consider using a home mesh rather than an extender:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Deco-Whole-System-3-Pack/dp/B06WVCB862/

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I bought the extended to boost the signal out to my shop for my thermostat. But having said that the Roku is about 30' line of sight across my living room. So how do I change the network name so it accesses my router.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never mind just figured it out

Ok, let me know if you need anything else :)
Pete.

Hi, just following up on your question - did my answer help?

If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I figured it out. Knowing the bandwidth was compromised by the extended helped

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Have a great day :)
Pete.

Pete, Engineer