Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old DP850 Kenwood CD player, just set up after not…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old DP850 Kenwood CD player, just set up after not using it for years. Will not play, the door keep opening and will not close unless I push it close manually. Then it opens again?

Technician's Assistant: What Kenwood model do you have?

DP850

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kenwood system?

Everything else works, but the matching CD just opens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried to close it and hit play but just opens again

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

This can happen if the CD player cannot see the disc.

Try running a cleaning disc in it, or try cleaning the insides by blowing compressed air through the slot.

Let me know if that works?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------