Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I won a small, just over an inch square, Ipod a few years…

Customer Question
I won a small...

I won a small, just over an inch square, Ipod a few years ago in a raffle for the Special Olympics. I loaded up my favorite CDs and plugged it into a USB port on my Chevrolet Volt and it worked flawlessly. I am currently training for an upcoming half marathon and removed it from my car and attached the ear buds, turned it on and all I get is "Please us Itunes to sync music to this Ipod". I don't want any music form Itunes, only the music that I have copied to the Ipod. Help!!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

I never ever did anything with Itunes.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

Nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to be able to listen to music that I have personally copied to this device.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your iPod may perhaps be suddenly defective. But that's a normal message for an iPod in some modes to display, not a message that means it is 'broken'.

Try restarting it.

After that, you will have to take it to a computer and do as follows:

Open the iTunes program.

Connect the iPod to your computer using an appropriate USB cable.

Click on the device icon, then under Settings on the left side of the iTunes window, click on the content type for which you want to turn off syncing - 'Music' I would guess, and then

in the main iTunes window, un-check the box next to 'Sync'

and click the Apply button.

Hopefully that will get it out of Syncing mode.

Let me know how that goes, please, in Reply, by and by. If you need further details or instructions, I will continue to help and advise.