Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It appears my roku device is frozen. All I get is a screen…

Customer Question
It appears my roku...

It appears my roku device is frozen. All I get is a screen that says roku. Can't get to any channels. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

I don't recall. All it says is roku1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Well when it happened last week, I unplugged it and then plugged it back in. Replaced the batteries in the remote, but still nothing. So then I reset it which was time consuming but it did work. But now it's back to doing the same

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that we had a power outage for a second and that's when this all started. Also, the light on the player used to be on all the time and now it sometimes flickers

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: electronicsguy, Engineer replied 4 months ago
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
The roku need new batteries. Please change batteries and try again
If you read my complaint, I mentioned that I put new batteries in the remote and it still does not work. I read all the info on problems with the roku and installing new batteries was the last thing I did. Really, this is quite a frustrating response from you. Can you do better?
Now can you check on the back of the remote near where the battery goes and see if there is a small button to pair the remote. If there is a button, press and hold it for 30 seconds.
What is the model of the roku ?
There is no pairing button on the remote. The model number is *****