Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

99.9 % of my news channels won't play....MSNBC yes but eye…

99.9 % of my...

99.9 % of my news channels won't play....MSNBC yes but eye want Fox News Channel and local.....cannot receive, j ust reset to factory settings and no change?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

ROKU 2, 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yep

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Forever, fox started on the week-end.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/5/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:

Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.

Remove the batteries from the roku remote

Wait 5 minutes,

reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in

put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote

when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.

Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Eldon

It went to the home page.
you there
maybe its a ccloud problem.

Are you still seeing the apps on the home page, or are they just gone now?

sir

Yes to which?

roku home channels

Sorry I'm not quite clear if you're even seeing the apps. It sounds like you see the home page but not the apps you want like fox. Those are not built in, and if you had factory reset the roku, then they were all erased.

You'll need to now go into the roku Channel Store and add back (download) the individual apps that you want to use.

all the channels work, even the ccloud channels but cannot watch 99.9 percent of news channels, MSNBC is ok, Fox and local channels will not play but allow you to add to favorites.

Okay go into the roku settings and look for the Software Update option, to make sure it has the latest version.

If it still doesn't work at that point, then those apps are no longer compatible. The roku2 models were all built 5+ years ago, and are no longer supported, so many apps are starting to drop from them. In that case, you'd need to replace the roku with a new device such as an updated roku or fire tv or appletv

system updates you mean which is on the screen.

Yes the system update is a software update

still the same problem, only with the cloud channel.

Thank you for trying,

then this is a software limitation that the apps are simply no longer supported on this model, so the roku would need to be replaced with a newer device

thanks

You're very welcome

Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service