Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sony Blu-ray Disc DVD Player and the DVD drawer…

I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Blu-ray Disc DVD Player and the DVD drawer will not open either manually or by remote

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have?

BDP S1700

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your BDPS1700?

Unplugging and plugging back in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Drawer won't open and power switch cannot be turned off manually or remotely. Remote not even responding

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/3/2018
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Hi welcome to just answer
When you press open button, do you hear any motor noise ? You might want to bring your ear close to the system to hear
No
Ok, there is a problem with the opening mechanism
If you have hand tools you can take the top cover off to perform a visual inspection
The problem is the motor drive circuit, it could be a motor or the circuit that runs the motor. If you can take the cover off, you will be able to check the inside.
Ok. Thanks. It's a brand new player!
If it is brand new, then take it back to the store and get a different one as it is manufacturer defect
electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer