Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just bought the. I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick…

I just bought the ...

I just bought the

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

I just bought the Roku Streaming Stick and I am stuck ton the screen that says “Auto detect display type” and it is stuck there. I push the OK button and nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I started with the USB power supply plugged into my TV and when that did not work, I plugged it into a wall socket.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I now have the bouncing Roku. Also I am now aiming my remote straight into my stick in the back of the tv. I am getting no response.

3/2/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.
Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will you be waiting the 5 minutes?

Yes you can reply back here when you're done

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also, I bought the Roku just yesterday. Does that make a difference?

It sounds like it just didn't complete the setup process properly, so still go through this reset please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This worked. Thank you very much. I now need to finish the setup so I will now say goodbye and, once again, thank you.

Great, glad that did the trick for you!

Nathan, Technician
Nathan, Technician