Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When switching from tv to roku all i get is a no signal

When switching from tv...

When switching from tv to roku all i get is a no signal message. The roku unit power light is on, its plugged into the right port, fresh batteries in the remote, wi fi is on.

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

I"m receiving a normal tv picture, when switching inputs the screen goes dark it searches and then I get the no signal found message along with a rotating block

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Are you talking about the roku stick as the media player? It"s plugged into an outlet and then into a port on the back of the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I was watching netflix when it quit functioning, it started to reload and the went to no signal.

2/17/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent support, pay per question website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Thanks

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried as first thing

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and Roku power cords from the power outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Just unplugged both units, tried to switch to Roku signal and I still get the no signal message

This is odd, can you plug the Roku stick to different HDMI input of the TV as a test, select that HDMI input on the TV to see if Roku screen shows up?

Currently plugged into HDMI1 changed to HDMI2 still get no signal message

Sorry to hear that, lets try to reset the Roku stick

Please find a reset button hole on side of Roku stick, insert a pointed object into to press the reset button for 3 seconds that will restore the stick to default settings

Do you get Roku logo screen on the TV now?

no log in screen, just no signal message

OK, now it is confirmed that Roku stick has got an internal failure that is why it isn't sending out video signals to the TV so TV shows a no-signal message. A new Roku stick is the next option at this point, I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician