Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sony DVD player, Model HCD-HDX900W that when

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony DVD player, Model HCD-HDX900W that when switched on gives an error message of Protector Push Power.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your DVPSR210P?

Maybe 8 years.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DVPSR210P?

Nothing works, no fan, drawer wont open, just error message

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/10/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What is your Sony DVD player hooked up to, please? whether input, or output/speakers. And, did you recently change alter or move any component cable(s) or wire(s) hooked up to it?

Speakers and nothing has changed, have not used it for a whole

How long has it been disused? and how old is the Sony DVD player in question?

For your information, if the problem has not yet been solved, that error message appears when a too-strong signal was presented on an input, or if there is a short-circuit detected. So it may be that the speaker wires are shorted. Check them, or disconnect them.

Then, press the Power button on the unit to turn off the system, and check the following items after “STANDBY” disappears:

- With the speakers disconnected, the + and - cannot be short-circuited, not externally.

- I presume you are using the usual speakers that have worked with this device before.

- Is the ventilation blocked, the grilles of the device obstructed, in any way?

If 'no' to all that, then you have an internal problem with the Sony player, if the problem recurs. And Sony repair will be needed. Sony Repair can be engaged at United Repair Service, by calling

1-***-***-****.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.