Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a roku Express 12/12/16 and I have a wi fi

Customer Question
I purchased a roku...

I purchased a roku Express 12/12/16 and I have a wi fi connector but not from the Internet company. There is no place to connect the wire to the cable modem. How can I get my roku working? I really miss the shows from last year!!! Please advise!

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

7H289X305130

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

Well, I got as far as trying to select the wi fi connection, but it displays that I am not connected. The cable company is offering a dual set for 84.00. I dont have that money to spare. My son gave me a wifi called D-Link Wireless AC1750, but there is nowhere to connect it to my pc, nor the modem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer

Hi JACUSTOMER-ht5qht9c,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. You would plug the Roku Express directly into the TV, not the cable box. For your convenience, below is a link to copy and paste into your browser to see a video that demonstrates how to set it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz5f4rkQ7Bw

Let me know if that helps and reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Electronics Technician: Sheri, Certified Networking Engineer replied 5 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert