Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Had my fire stick for 2 months....it froze up can"t maneuver…

Customer Question
Had my fire stick...

Had my fire stick for 2 months....it froze up can"t maneuver on my sites

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Never did it

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Is that on the stick

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/8/2018
Electronics Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 6 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Try this please>

Make sure you are within 10 feet of the Amazon Fire TV.

Then pair your remote or controller again:

1. Remove and reinsert the batteries for your remote or controller.

Note: Make sure the batteries are inserted correctly-- both "positives" should be pointing up toward the top of the remote, despite whatever the battery insertion markings might indicate.

2. Once you re-insert the batteries, the remote should automatically try to pair with your device again. If your remote doesn't pair right away, restart your Amazon Fire TV by disconnecting the power cord and plugging it back in. You can also press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons at the same time, for about five seconds. Or, select Settings > Device > Restart from the Fire TV menu.
  3. Once the home screen has loaded, press and hold the Home button on the remote for up to 10 seconds, then wait for up to one minute for pairing to complete. Once discovered, you will see a notification onscreen.

You have five minutes to pair your remote with your Amazon Fire TV before it goes into sleep mode.