Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My friend loaned me his Roku unit. The screen shows Roku but…

Customer Question
My friend loaned me...

My friend loaned me his Roku unit. The screen shows Roku but the Roku remote does not work.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I just plugged it in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

It says I am not connected

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 6 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Are you able to select Settings option through Roku remote on the home page of Roku screen?

no

OK, did you put fresh batteries in Roku remote?

I am in Ecuador so not possible to call now.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Everything is dead. The screen has a few Roku options listed. The remote does not work at all. It says I am not connected
Please just refund my $5

We are troubleshooting the problem and will check things step by step, there isn't one shot answer

No problem, contact customer service via help link on website main page for billing/ refund request, I have no control over such things

Thanks

Just forget it. My credit card company is being alerted
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.