Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

There is a usb port on my TCL Roku TV, but when I plug a…

Customer Question
There is a usb...

There is a usb port on my TCL Roku TV, but when I plug a device into it (a DVD player) the device doesn't show up anywhere on the screen. How to I access a USB device?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

Yes, there are lots of choices - antenna HDMI 1 and 2, Amazon, Netflix. etc.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

To the TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the model number of the tv?
Are you sure you are using a USB connection, and not perhaps a hdmi port?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.