Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Toshiba DVD Recorder DVR620KU and a new Samsung LED…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba DVD Recorder DVR620KU and a new Samsung LED smart TV.I properly set up and use an HDMI cable to connect the TV (over-the-air signal) to the DVR620 KU.Everything works fine (including playback from VHS tapesand DVDs) - EXCEPT the DVR620 KU will NOT record a pre-programmed TV show to either tape or DVD - even though the tape or DVD timer moves forward as if the program was being recorded.NOTE: The DVR620 KU did fine in recording TV shows to tape or DVD with my old "tube" TV and video input/output jacks.Any help on solving this problem - greatly appreciatedBill Adamski
Minneapolis, MN***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your DVR620? Is there anything at all displayed?

Thanks for your quick response to my problem inquiry (was a away from my PC for a couple hrs). When I program to record - I have to switch from the TV "source" to the HDMI "source" (The DVR620). At this stage the TV is off. I then program the DVR for a recording - set it to start/stop at specified times. When the timer recording is "on" - I switch back to the TV "source". The DVR620's LED screen indicates that the DVR is set to record. And it does for the specified time period. However, there is no TV image on the recording - just silent white/black screen static. It seems like the the TV signal is not running through the DVR620.

Technician's Assistant: Is your DVR620 connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

The DVR620 power cord is connected to the same strip outlet that holds the power cord for the TV. The DVR620 is connected to the TV via a regular HDMI cable (DVR: "out", TV: "in").

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

None that I cant think of. Thanks for your questions to further help me explain the TV/ DVR620 set up. And the subsequent puzzle as to why it doesn't let me record TV programs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I still need help in fixing this video recording problem

When you try to record, do you leave the station on? You cannot record on one channel and watch TV on another channel.