Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My DR-MV150B which I've had for years, now "eats" tapes; how…

Customer Question
My DR-MV150B which I've...

My DR-MV150B which I've had for years, now "eats" tapes; how can I repair this? By "eating tapes", I mean the tape appears to get caught in the transport mechanics and by the time I get it out, it either stretches the tape or breaks the tape. Is it possible to fix, and can I fix it? Do I need new parts, and where do I get those parts?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

The DR-MV150B is a JVC VHS recorder/playback and DVD recorder playback.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

JVC makes it and I have had it for - perhaps, 10 years?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JVC media player?

I have purchased a "used" DR-MV150B which I am also having difficulties making work? Perhaps I could use it as a source of replacement parts for the original unit?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

If it is unreasonable for me to attempt to repair this, is there a repair facility that might repair it at a reasonable cost?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

I would appreciate your council on this. By-the-way: I did not mention this before, but I have used VHS tape head cleaners on a regular maintenance basis, and this cleaning process does not help.George Diefenbach

Hi George,

There isn't a repair facility so you would need to find someone locally that could do the repair but you might end up paying a lot of money to do so. Alternatively, you can buy it used on Amazon for $300.

Do you have any information about this media recorder/playback machine, that might be useful to my efforts to repair it, or am I left to my on approach to this problem?George D

Due to the age, there isn't much information available on it and it is one of those types of equipment that would require a hands-on approach unfortunately.