Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just replaced my old Roku box with a new stick. Now my DVD…

Customer Question
I just replaced my...

I just replaced my old Roku box with a new stick. Now my DVD player doesn't work--it says it's not connected. All I did was substitute the stick for the HDMI cable that ran from the old box to the HDMI input on my TV. What gives?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

The "digital media player", by which I assume you mean the stick, works fine. It's the DVD player that the TV now can't find.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

The Roku stick is connected to a power outlet.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of the TV? Also, what is the brand and model of the DVD? Is the DVD connected to the TV using an HDMI cable?

Simply view my reply and send one back to proceed.