Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Setting up roku ultra, I have a sound bar. Roku now control…

Customer Question
Setting up roku ultra...

Setting up roku ultra, I have a sound bar. Roku now control power but I have no audio. How do I retlease audio control from roku?

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes speaker was operating before I upgraded from roku 2 to roku ultra

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of the TV? What's the brand and model of the soundbar? How is the TV connected to the soundbar? Or is the soundbar connected to your cable box?

The fact that the audio is still coming from your TV speakers tells us the soundbar is not directly connected to the TV but rather connected to the cable box (or not connected at all). So please reply back with the info requested above and I can tell you how to get the Roku sound through the soundbar. Thanks.

Samsung series 6, sound bar connected via optical cable. Samsung sound bar connected to digital audio out optical. Sound was fine until I setup new roku ultra

Strange. So soundbar WAS playing back all TV audio before, you plugged in the Ultra and then the TV speakers came on?

Let me ask this way- right NOW, when you play the Ultra- is there sound from the TV's BUILT IN speakers? Or no sound at all?

In setting up the new roku there is an option for audio control via the remote. I believe this is the issue but I do not know how to restore control to the tv
Now there is no sound
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know