Recorders and Players

Recorder player problems? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Louie, I am a bit confused with what I was just told by

Customer Question
Louie, I am a...

Louie, I am a bit confused with what I was just told by "Max(###) ###-####that I have to pay and register my new ROKU Express for the amount of $119.00 as you people have changed your policy. I went into roku.com/link to activate my new ROKU and was told to go to the link .com/link that there was an internet problem and could not complete the linkage. Now I have had a ROKU for almost 5 years and installed it myself with no problem. I realize that the new one is more complexed than the old but why can I not connect with out going through a second party and pay a $119.00 registry fee? IF THIS IS SO, then I will return the device to your company for a refund> Max's answer when I told him I would return it, was to sell it to either Walmart or Best Buy. Can you help me complete my new devices?

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

I'm on my computer right now the wyfy is great

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

I did restart my router no, I did not restart the roku.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really, I was almost scammed out of 4500.00 two months ago by a man who came in on an Amazon second line and if you people can't help me, I will simply return the new ROKU.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Recorders and Players
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know